What Is ThermiVa?
ThermiVa™ is a revolutionary non-surgical, pain-free choice for vaginal tightening and rejuvenation.
Disproportionate stretching of the vaginal muscles is a common occurrence in aging or after giving birth. The effects of this can loss of sensation and satisfaction during sex. ThermiVa provides a non-surgical alternative for achieving renewed tightness of the female anatomy.
ThermiVa uses a new form of heat therapy delivered via radio frequency (RF) waves to encourage collagen synthesis, shrinkage and tightening of feminine tissues. Studies have shown that the use of ThermiVa leads to improvements in:
- Vaginal Tightness: Vaginal tightening occurs at the opening and throughout the full area of the vagina. Patients notice these changes immediately following treatments with ThermiVa.
- Mild Stress Incontinence/Over-Active Bladder: Urinary leaking and urges are reduced. Thermiva, in combination with pelvic floor physical therapy, allows women to avoid bladder surgeries like the mesh and sling.
- Sexual or Orgasmic Dysfunction: ThermiVa treatments have shown to increase nerve sensitivity, stronger pelvic contractions and the ability to achieve orgasms more quickly. Thermiva treatments to the clitoris and g-spot areas are very safe.
- Labial Appearance: ThermiVa tightens labial tissues and aids in reducing sagging, appearance of camel toe, and results in softer and smoother skin. Women are more comfortable tight-fitting clothing such as bikinis and jeans.
- Vaginal Dryness/Atrophic Vaginitis: An increase in vaginal moisture both inside and out occurs, which helps to soften and thicken the vulva-vaginal skin. This leads to less pain during sex and more sexual satisfaction.
- Prolapse: The vulva-vaginal tissues are tightened during ThermiVa treatments, which results in a tightening or pulling in of the prolapse organs. Research shows an improvement in prolapse by as much as one grade reduction after ThermiVa therapy.
Request your appointment today and take the first step towards a better you!
Our Unique Team Approach
ThermiVa™ Plus – Board Certified Family Practice Physician and Board Certified Nurse Practitioner translates into Comfortable Treatments and Faster Results
You are in experienced and expert hands when you choose Waterfront Laser & Wellness. Our team consists of Dr. Derek Norcom, a board certified family practice physician with over 20 years of experience treating women’s issues, and Amanda Nelson, a registered nurse with a passion for women’s health.
Both Dr. Norcom and Amanda Nelson, RN are experienced in working with women who suffer from vaginal laxity, leading to incontinence, prolapse, overactive bladder and sexual dysfunction. They are NOT plastic surgeons or dermatologists just dabbling in a new hot procedure.
Both Dr. Norcom or Amanda Nelson, RN can examine you thoroughly and determine your precise gynecological needs. They can then tailor your ThermiVa™ treatment so you are able to get the maximum benefit. Our ThermiVa™ treatments comprise a pelvic floor evaluation, assessment and a comprehensive treatment plan customized to your needs.
ThermiVa™ now gives women a choice. Women no longer have to resort to surgeries for their female rejuvenation. Surgeries such as labiaplasty, vaginoplasty, bladder surgeries and prolapse surgeries often require lengthy and frequently painful recoveries and possibly serious complications. With ThermiVa, they now have a non-surgical option. Women will achieve greater confidence and feel great about themselves without the humiliation of surgery.
How Does ThermiVa Work?
Temperature-controlled radio frequency (RF) therapy has been used safely in the aesthetic medicine industry for years. ThermiVa works on the same principle, however the collagen production, collagen remodeling and shrinkage of tissue occur intravaginally rather than on the skin.
When precisely controlled ThermiVa radio frequency heat is applied with a gentle S-shaped probe, the vaginal tissues shrink and tightness is returned, sexual function is improved and symptoms associated with prolapse and urinary leaking are reduced. The same S-shaped probe is used externally where instant remodeling of the labia occurs. A woman’s self-confidence is restored and a sense of hope is created.
ThermiVa treatments are relaxing, gentle and give the feeling of an internal, warm massage. The procedure is performed in a relaxing and private treatment room on a traditional massage table. You’ll be amazed at the miraculous transformation on both the inside of the pelvis and outside on the external genitalia.
How Long Does The ThermiVa Treatment Take?
The in-office ThermiVa procedure takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes, is pain-free and requires no recovery downtime. Patients can carry on regular activity and sexual function on the same day.
The ThermiVa Patient Benefits
- Zero Downtime or delay in sexual activity. You may return to normal activities same day.
- In-office procedure that takes approximately 45 minutes.
- Both the vagina and the labia can be treated in one session. Most other practitioners can only treat one body part.
- No preparation is needed, meaning no anesthesia, shots, or numbing creams.
- Non-Ablative, Non Surgical and Non-Invasive
- No lasers, stinging, or discharge.
- May be performed 6 weeks after giving birth as well as between pregnancies.
- Treatment effects typically last 9-12 months.
- Promotes tightening of vulva-vaginal tissues and softer and smoother labial skin.
- Promotes new collagen creation.
- Temperature-controlled device is to patient’s comfort level.
- Little to no pain and very comfortable warmth.
- Smooth, thin, and gently curved “S” shape hand-piece for gentle application.
- Affordable, with financing available.
- Follow up maintenance treatments only once per year.