So you’ve talked to us at Bridgeport Laser & Wellness Center and we’ve decided on a treatment plan for your laser hair removal. It’s now two weeks before your first session. What can you do to prepare?
- Limit your sun exposure. Tans and sunburns can increase side effects. Make sure to use sunscreen daily during the time prior to your session, and no spray tanning!
- Stay away from hair removal procedures except for shaving. Plucking, waxing, and other methods disturb the hair follicle and may make your laser hair removal session less effective. Shaving can also reduce the pain of the treatment itself, so that’s a bonus! For best results, please shave the area to be treated the morning of your appointment.
- Avoid taking any antibiotics or other photosensitive prescriptions or topical skincare products (retinol, retina-A, Obagi Blender, etc.)
- Don’t use moisturizer or deodorant on the area the day of the session, as the skin should be clean and bare.
- Engage in calming breathing exercises or meditation before the appointment and go into the session with a positive mind. You’re here to get rid of unwanted hair, things can only get better from here.
These basic steps should put you well in the running for a successful laser treatment. If you have any worries or doubts, please feel free to talk anything over with us.